Braised Kale, Avocado and Poached Egg
Here is a healthy combination that goes well with your toast – Avocado, braised Kale and olive oil poached eggs.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 guindilla pepper or other dried chile (I left this out, instead adding crushed red pepper to the final dish)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small organic eggs, freshest possible
- coarse sea salt, cracked black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, chopped parsley
- to serve: grilled toasts, braised or sautéed kale, and freshest avocado
- Heat the garlic and chile to 140° in a small saute pan.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a coffee cup (or ramekin if you have one) and slip each egg into the hot olive oil.
- Poach the eggs for about 3 minutes
- Remove each egg carefully with a slotted spoon
- Place poached egg over grilled toasts piled with fresh avocado and garlic-braised kale.
- Sprinkle some salt, fresh black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and fresh chopped parsley.
Butter Fruit on Toast
Butter Fruit on Toasts doesn’t just sound healthy, but it actually is(plus it’s delicious too!). Here is a simple recipe for Butter Fruit on Toasts.
- 1 medium-sized ripe avocado
- Some diced green and red sweet peppers
- Avocado oil coconut or olive oil works just as well)
- Black pepper
- Fresh basil
- A chunky slice of Nigerian style hard dough bread or you can use your favorite bread).
- Cut through the avocado pear carefully, remove the center stone and dice.
- Combine the chopped avocado with about a spoonful each of the red and green peppers in a bowl.
- After rinsing the fresh basil leaves, slice them thinly. Grab a spoonful of the sliced basil and add them to the chopped avocado.
- Add a pinch of freshly milled black pepper and salt.
- Add one spoonful (or preferred) of the avocado oil.
- Gently mix the lot together (avoid mashing up the avocado while mixing).
- Toasts your chunk of bread
- Serve with the avocado
French Scrambled Eggs with Crimini Mushrooms on Toast
For mushroom lovers out there, this snack/breakfast is perfect for you. If you want to make one for a light snack or for your family then take a look at the recipe below.
- 6 organic free range eggs
- about 10 medium sized crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- olive oil
- 4 slices of good crusty bread, I used olive bread
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up pan on high heat until smoking hot
- Add olive oil, sliced mushrooms and thyme
- Fry until mushrooms are brown
- Remove mushrooms from heat, season, cover and set aside
- Cook egg in sauce pan over low heat
- Stir continuously until coagulated
- Line up 4 pieces of toasts and spoon the eggs over each piece in a serving tray
- Top with the mushrooms and add a few fresh thyme
- Season with salt and pepper