Image Brand Design Performance Features Price Image Brand Design Performance Features Price • T-fal 874600 • Black and Chrome Color
• Angled Front
• Clear and Uncluttered controls
• Carrying Handle
• Six browning settings
• Cancel function
• Bagel function
• Stays cool to the touch even when in use
• Browning settings enables a precise and adjustable browning control
• Bagel function that toasts the outside and gently warms the inside
• Slanted design
• High lift lever
• Built in crumb-door for easy cleaning
$ 123.00 • Oster TSSTTRJBP1 • Grey color
• Smooth curves and friendly look
• Easy to read controls
• Seven browning settings
• Bagel function
• Advanced toasting technology and settings
• Setting for frozen bread
• Warm/reheat function
• Removable crumb tray
• Anti-jam feature that automatically shuts the machine off if it fails to eject at the end of a cooking sequence
$ 30.00 • KRUPS KH734D • Brush and Chrome stainless steel housing
• Outer body made of real metal
• Larger Size
• Six browning settings
• Cancel function
• Bagel function
• 4-slice model
• Can program each pair of slots independently
• Crumb tray easily slides out
• “Defrost” function
• Reheat function
• High-lift lever
• Two crumb trays
• Built-in cord storage that means less clutter
$ 68.00 • Cuisinart CPT-435 • Stainless steel exterior
• Blue LED indicating the heat settings and cooking time
• Modern Look
• Seven browning options
• Bagel function
• Two independent heat zones
• Darkest setting for toast only takes two and a half minutes
• Does not get too hot when in use
• Seven browning settings and self-adjusting slots
• Separate controls defrost waffles before toasting
• Reheat toast without more browning
• Reduce heat on uncut side of bagels
• LCD countdown toasting-time bar
• Pushup feature
$ 79.00 • Breville BTA830XL • Sleek and gently curved sides
• Schrome buttons
• LED indicators
• Die-cast, brushed metal body
• Five browning settings
• Two extra long slots
• Easy topside cleaning
• One touch lift and look carriage
• One touch 'A Bit More' that allows you to add a little extra time to the toasting
• Motorized carriage with push button controls
• Bagel setting and Frozen setting
• Audible alert
• Auto-off feature
• Heat resistant, heavy-die cast plastic housing
Nothing beats a perfect toast with butter or marmalade to kick start your day. Toasters shouldn’t just look good, it should have the functionality you need for your morning toast. The best toasters can brown a bagel, toast a baguette or warm artisan bread to just the way you want it with high-tech toasting capabilities and control. To get the best out of your mornings we searched every inch of the appliance world that could make that perfectly browned and crisp bread that you deserve. We have found five toasters from premium brands that received excellent reviews from consumers that will help you better understand your money’s worth.
- 4 Slice long slot capacity for any shaped bread
- LED toasting progress indicator
- Toast ready sound alert can be adjusted to High, Low or Mute
- 1600 Watt element features Cool-touch brushed die-cast metal body
- Convenient slide out crumb tray and a concealed cord storage
- 2-slice toaster with slanted design and extra-wide, self-adjusting slots for even toasting
- 6 electronic browning-control settings from light to dark “
- Bagel, Reheat, and Cancel functions; Anti-jam function; High-lift lever for easy removal of bread
- Crumb-door for easy cleaning; Safe-to-touch exterior; Cord storage on base of the unit; Carrying handle
- 1-year limited warranty
- Stainless steel housing and blue backlit LCD countdown feature display
- Blue LED function buttons
- 7 Shade settings as well as Bagel, Defrost and Reheat options
- Removable crumb tray
- 1-1/2-Inch wide slots
- Unique design of brushed and chrome stainless steel with blue LED indicators
- Functions: Cancel, Toasting, Defrost, Reheat and Bagel
- 6 level adjustable browning control
- High lift lever for easy removal of the toasts and removable crumb tray for easy cleaning
- Cord storage; 1050 watts; 2 year worldwide warranty
- 7 toast shade settings
- Extra-wide slots with dual, auto-adjusting bread guides
- TOAST, BAGEL select and FROZEN, WARM, CANCEL functions
- Toast lift and anti-jam auto shut-off
- Removable crumb tray
Out of these five, you may want to consider different things before choosing the right one for you. The most important things to take note are design, performance, features and price. The toaster’s design can affect your decision as how it looks in your kitchen is almost as important as how well it toasts your bread. Companies and manufacturers have placed huge amounts of effort into designing their products. Most of the cheap toasters use simple designs (which means it has one function and one function alone: to toast), others allows use of multiple methods of toasting (multilevel browning control).
Performance or the machines flexibility and speed are what you need from a toaster. Whether you need your toast for your morning coffee or an afternoon snack, you need a toaster that gives you what you want when you want it. No matter how good they look or how many options and uses it has, it all comes to whether it can do what it is meant to do and its ease of use. The features should make your life easier, like how easy it is to clean them, cord storage, crumb trays and settings. They must at least have the 4 standard settings: bagel, warming/reheat, defrost and cancel. There are toasters which allow multiple shades of toasting (how about a toaster that can toast your bread in seven different shades, defrost and reheat!).
A precise browning setting can be the difference between perfect crisp brown and inedible charred bread. Automatic toasting is featured in the latest toasters; they are motorized to complete a toasting at the push of a button and even allow you toast at least four slices at once. The ideal toaster should be able to provide even toasting, allow the user to choose the darkness of toasting, toast bread at different capacities, ease of operation, has a crumb tray and proper cord storage for your safety. Consider its versatility, know what you want to do with it and what functions you would need.
A toaster may have tons of functions but if you cannot easily use them then it is pretty much useless. The price of a toaster is also important when choosing. You can get a toaster for as low as ten dollars but we wouldn’t recommend that. You can also get those that can toast eight slices at a time for around four hundred dollars but you really need that? You have to decide beforehand how much you are willing to spend for your toaster. We can recommend five excellent toasters that are as good as commercial ones but less pricey.
- T-fal 874600 with Bagel Function has a black and chrome color. It’s angled front is complemented with the chrome highlights giving it a retro look. The controls are clear and uncluttered and have a carrying handle on its back that was molded into the body.
- Oster TSSTTRJBP1 has a funky purple color that is also available in gray with smooth curves giving it a friendly look which is reminiscent of a Volkswagen Beetle. The controls are easy to read and the metallic sheen of its body is a picture of high quality.
- KRUPS KH734D has a brush and chrome stainless steel housing. You would probably mistake this for a commercial toaster due to its larger size compared to the other four. The outer body is made of real metal and the quality of this toaster is top notch.
- Cuisinart CPT-435 has a classy, stainless steel exterior with blue LED indicating the heat settings and cooking time. It has a modern look and an appeal that would not lose to KRUPS and will look nice on your countertop.
- Breville BTA830XL is sleek with gently curved sides and die-cast, brushed metal body. The chrome buttons are placed neatly at the surface coupled with LED indicators that lets you know how your toast is progressing. This machine can toast both ordinary and specialty sliced breads.
- T-fal 8746002 has a choice of six browning settings and a cancel function, which is very useful in cases you don’t want your toast too dark. The bagel function keeps the inside of the bread warm and the outside crisp. It does not heat up fast that allows perfect toasting on both sides. The whole toaster stays cool to the touch even when in use.
- Oster TSSTTRJBP1 has seven browning settings and also has a bagel option like the T-fal and slightly larger. It has thicker bagel openings unlike others where you might need to squeeze them in.
- Krups KH734D50 is a 4-slice model with six browning settings and a separate bagel function and like the T-fal has a cancel option to prevent the bread from burning. You can program each pair of the slots independently. You can toast your bagel on one pair and the bread on the other. It can hold a bagel with room to spare. Crumbs won’t be a problem for the crumb tray and it easily slides out for cleaning.
- Cuisinart CPT-435 has seven browning options, a separate bagel setting, and two independent heat zones as well as five inches of slot space for added flexibility. Does not get too hot even when in use, at most gets warm to touch. The darkest setting for toast only takes two and a half minutes. You can use the bagel option on English muffins which makes the inside crunchy but the outside soft. The toasts does not become dry which is impressive and works great with waffles and bagels.
- Breville BTA830XL – although called a four-slice toaster, it actually offers just two extra-long slots that can toast 4 slices of regular bread or two long slices, perfect for those outdoor sandwich rolls. It has five browning settings, a cancel button and bagel setting. It only takes a damp cloth to clean the topside of the toaster.
- T-fal 8746002 has 6 different browning settings enables a precise and adjustable browning control, a Bagel function that toasts the outside and gently warms the inside – the way a bagel should be toasted. You can effortlessly view the bread while toasting due to its slanted design which comes in handy when you are toasting different kinds of bread. You can safely remove the toast with a high lift lever and a built in crumb-door for easy cleaning.
- Oster TSSTTRJBP1 advanced toasting technology and settings provide consistent results every time which results in a perfect texture and shade of toast, bagel, waffle or English muffin. The Oster features a setting for frozen bread in addition to the warm/reheat function. It has a cool-touch outer body, a removable crumb tray, and an anti-jam feature that automatically shuts the machine off if it fails to eject at the end of a cooking sequence.
- Krups KH734D50 has a “defrost” function, a reheat function, a high-lift lever for toast removal, two crumb trays (because it’s a four-slice toaster), and built-in cord storage that means less clutter for you counter top and more safe. With separate heating zones it can toast a bagel to perfection on one side and two slices of whole-grain bread on the other.
- Cuisinart CPT-435 takes toasting to a whole new level. Separate controls defrost waffles before toasting, reheat toast without more browning and reduce heat on uncut side of bagels. Seven browning settings and self-adjusting slots mean thick and thin slices are toasted as desired. LCD countdown toasting-time bar display makes it easy to keep track. The pushup feature allows you to remove smaller items.
- Breville BTA830XL has that one touch lift and look carriage that automatically moves up and down showing the browning process without interrupting the toasting cycle. A one touch ‘A Bit More’ that allows you to add a little extra time to the toasting. A motorized carriage with push button controls including a Bagel setting and Frozen setting. An audible alert when your toast is ready that can be set to high or low volume or even turned off. It has an auto-off feature so you won’t have to worry about leaving it plugged after use unlike toher toasters that keep on heating even after use when plugged. It has heat resistant, heavy-die cast plastic housing that prevents it from sliding around your counter.
- T-fal 8746002 is priced at only $123. With its design and functionality, you can’t get a better bargain than this. It also comes with one year limited warranty.
- Oster TSSTTRJBP1 at $30, a great value for the money. For $30 you get what you need and more.
- Krups KH734D50 Breakfast Set Toaster costs $68. This is a great steal considering the brand of this toaster that comes with a two year warranty.
- Cuisinart CPT-435 Countdown Toaster costs $79. Be at ease that you get your money’s worth from a well-known and trusted brand with this quality toaster.
- Breville BTA830XL, at a cost of $179, is not cheap; nevertheless it is almost universally praised for its sleek and shiny appearance. As far as performance is concerned, owners commented “Very impressive!” and “Best decision I ever made!”.
Basically from what I mentioned above, you need a toaster that has wide slots ( so you can toast a variety of breads), bagel setting, defrost, reheat, a separate cancel setting, shade-setting button (from a light brown toast to golden brown), can ensure even toasting (preferably one with a centring device – this holds the bread in place and an even distance to both walls that allows even toasting to both sides). A toaster with a removable crumb tray makes things easier to clean and makes your countertop les messy, long and wide slots for a wider variety of breads. A big bonus for toasters that have cord storage to minimize tabletop clutters as well as safety. A lift feature goes a long way especially when you’re toasting muffins and other small items.