You cannot talk about the origin or history of ice cream without making mention of ice and rock salt. The science behind ice cream is simple. The freezing point of ice is lowered so that it can freeze the cream. This is made possible with the use of rock salt. In most traditional ice cream makers, ice and rock salts are still used despite advances in technology. The truth is that if you have never made ice creams with ice and rock salt then you are yet to get into the act. Ice and rock salt ice cream makers are usually hand cracked ice cream makers that are not just fun to use in making ice creams but also the best for making high quality ice creams.
PROS AND CONS
There are lots of pros and cons of ice and rock salt ice cream makers.
- It is fun to use in making ice cream and depicts the tradition of making ice cream.
- You can find a lot of affordable but high quality ice and rock salt ice cream makers designed to suit the needs of your home.
- Most ice and rock salt ice cream makers are bucket type ice cream makers and even though they are affordable, yet they can be used in making up to 4 quarts ice cream.
- They are perfect for a family and are very easy to use.
- Not all ice and rock salt ice cream makers are affordable; you can still find high cost products.
- You need to be careful during the churning process to prevent the mixture from being watery.
- Unlike electric powered ice cream that requires you to only press a button and the process is complete, ice and rock salt ice cream makers which are usually hand cracked might get you involved in the ice cream making process.
HOW TO SELECT
Selecting the best ice and rock salt ice cream makers requires knowing the right product to go for and then going for it. Here are some takes you should take note of.
As with every ice cream maker, the features of ice and rock salt ice cream makers differ. To get the best product you must look out for products that have the features you want. Most ice and rock salt ice cream makers are manual or hand cracked. Thus, if you want to get the right product then you should consider hand cracked device.
Another interesting aspect to consider is the capacity of the ice cream maker. Because the capacity of the device differs, you have to make sure that you choose the capacity that is suitable for your family’s need. If you have a large family then you should consider up to 6 quarts ice cream maker.
The Question of Price
It is not bad to consider the price of the product but you should not let the price affect your selectivity. You can find products with mid-range price and with high quality. Careful search can also help you find products within your budget but with amazing features.
White Mountain ice cream maker is a hand cracked ice cream maker produced by White Mountain and priced at $145.54. You need rock salt and ice to make ice cream with this device.
- The ice cream maker has a capacity of 4 quarts.
- It is a heavy duty hand crack device with triple motion action dasher system.
- Its lid and canister are made with stainless steel.
- To make sure the device is durable, strong galvanized hoops are used in binding the bucket.
The White Mountain ice cream maker has a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars. It comes with recipe book that makes preparing a delicious ice cream a breeze and it comes with up to 5 years of warranty.
Sunbeam FRSBWDBK ice cream maker is a wooden bucket ice cream maker produced by Sunbeam and priced at $46.28 with free shipping on orders above $49.
- It is an excellent ice cream maker with a capacity of 4 quarts.
- Its bucket is made with sold pine wood.
- It also comes with a motorized electric crank.
- You will need to mix the ice cream with rock salt and ice to prepare.
To prepare a delicious ice cream with this device, you only need to follow the instruction outlined in the recipe manual. In other words you do not need any technical experience in making ice cream to be able to make delicious, homemade and creamy ice cream with this device. It has a customer rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Oster Wood Bucket Ice Cream Maker is a 4-quart ice cream make produced by Oster and sold at $47.87 with free shipping on orders above $49.
- You can use the ice cream making to make up to 4 quarts homemade ice cream.
- Its bucket is made of solid pine wood.
- It comes with a motorized electric crank.
- You can create your own treats in just about 40 minutes with your own recipe or Rival Ice Cream Mix.
This ice cream maker requires the use of rock salt and ice but it is simple to follow. You just have to add rock salt and ice and then your ingredients and the rest is handled by the ice cream maker. It has a rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars but you have to make sure that the bucket is kept in such a place as to ensure that it does not leak. However, the Oster Ice Cream Maker is worth the money. Since this is an ice and rock salt ice cream maker, care must be taken to ensure that it does not become watery during churning.