Coffeemakers or coffee machines are cooking appliances used to brew coffee. While there are many different types that use a number of different brewing principles, in the most common devices, coffee grounds are placed in a paper or metal filter inside a funnel, which is then set over a glass or ceramic coffee pot. A separate chamber is used for cold water that is heated up to the boiling point and directed into the funnel. This is also called automatic drip-brew.
Do you want a drip type, a percolator, single cup machine, a traditional French coffee press, or a one-shot espresso machine? For the average coffee lover the standard drip machine is the go-to option, but with the new designs and technologies in today’s market why just be average? Go on, treat yourself to the best drip coffee maker or single cup unit money can buy.
What to look for
When deciding to buy your own machine, you should choose one that heats water at a range of 195°F and 205°F, this is the best temperature for releasing the flavorful oil from the beans. It must regulate the distribution and timing of hot water over the beans. It is ideal to pre-soak freshly roasted and ground beans in water which removes excess CO2 from the fresh beans.
Here are examples of different type of Coffee Makers:
Melitta Ready Set Joe Single Cup (drip type) – Fresh brewed coffee 1 cup at a time. You need to have 1 cup filter cone. Place the filter cone on a coffee cup. Insert a No. 2 Melitta cone filter. Add a scoop of your favorite coffee beans to taste. Add hot water, and then indulge in a cup of fresh brewed coffee.
- 1 cup capacity
- Brew A Phenomenal Cup of Coffee
- Cone Fits All Cups
- Fast Easy Clean up
- 4.7 out of 5 star (866 reviews)
Presto 02811 12-Cup Stainless Steel (percolator) – Made from luxurious stainless steel. It makes 4 to 12 cups of rich, flavorful coffee automatically; a cup a minute. Signal light tells when coffee is ready to serve. It is attractive, traditional styling – ideal for table service. 120 volts, 60 Hz only
- Brews great-tasting coffee–rich, hot, and flavorful
- Makes 2 to 12 cups of coffee as fast as a cup a minute, then keeps it piping hot automatically
- Easy-pour spout and traditional design provide elegant coffee service anytime
- Luxurious stainless steel construction for easy cleaning and lasting beauty
- Made of durable stainless steel including the filter basket and perk tube; Signal light indicates when coffee is ready to serve
- 4.5 out of 5 stars (2153 customer reviews)
Bialetti 06700 3-Cup French Press (traditional French coffee press) – The New French Press still provides the simplest method of making rich, traditional coffee. The press is also perfect for herbal infusions or teas. Made of 18/10 stainless steel and a 12-ounce glass cylinder, this French Press is made of the highest quality materials. The new flat knob design makes pressing the coffee easier on the hands.
- Produces 3 cups of rich, authentic coffee
- Made of high quality 18/10 stainless steel and heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- Easy to clean and disassemble
- Dishwasher safe
- 2 year warranty
- 4.5 out of 5 stars (74 customer reviews)
So what are you waiting for? If coffee is as much a part of your life as it is in ours, then go grab a great coffee maker that gives you the ultimate coffee experience with every cup!
Other related article: 5 Coffee Makers That Are Worth Every Penny You Pay